2. On the same note, my Christmas shopping is DONE!
2. Marley needs to get over this sickness. She's had a runny, congested nose and a cough for over a week now. She grabs her ear every so often, making us concerned about ear infections (but with no other symptoms of one). I just want her to feel better by Christmas...is that too much to ask?
3. I want to learn how to crochet (I told you this was random). I'm loving items such as this right now.
4. I'm starting to wean this little peanut...and it's hurting my heart.
5. I'm jealous of the parts of the country that are getting dumped on right now. WHERE IS OUR SNOW?
6. I'm taking Marley to see Santa tomorrow. I'm sort of against it due to the pedophile/child molester factor that I'm positive is highly prevalent in mall Santas, but I just can't resist the tradition of comparing the annual pictures in the years to come.
7. I'm slowly getting infused with the Christmas spirit. The annual watching of Elf, the making of white chocolate chex mix (recipe below), the presents under the tree and the fact that I'll get to see many wonderful family members and friends in the next week are definitely helping :)
White Chocolate Chex Mix
(aka Christmas Crack-recipe from my mom!)
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups peanuts
1- 12 oz. bag of plain M & M's (green & red)
1- 12 oz. bag of peanut M & M's (green & red)
16 oz. white chocolate chips
Mix the Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and M & M's together in a large bowl. Melt the white chocolate chips over low heat until smooth. Pour the white chocolate over the dry mix and stir until everything is coated. Spread the mix out on wax paper until dry. Break apart the large cluster and store...enjoy!